The body needs several types of nutrients to ensure it functions optimally. Magnesium is one of them and it can be consumed in different forms and is a common dietary supplement while it can be homemade as well.
Works wonders for skin health
In most cases, magnesium is consumed as an oral supplement. It comes in a pill or capsule. Since magnesium is a known nutrient for the skin, it also comes in oil form. Magnesium oil can be used to be applied onto the skin while it comes in spray bottles too. Magnesium chloride flakes and water are used to make magnesium oil. Take note that technically, it is not oil but only the liquid is oily.
Why the body needs magnesium?
Magnesium is a nutrient that has a lot of positive effects on the body. This include:
- Helps in lactation
- Maintains good pregnancy health
- Regulating blood pressure level
- Preserve and improve muscle and nerve systems
- Protein production
- Improves DNA and bone health
Magnesium is found in many types of food. In fact, some foods have a very high concentration of this nutrient. They include:
- dairy products
- whole grains
- nut, seeds, edamame
Treatment of certain health conditions
People with a magnesium deficiency will face many types of health conditions. They include:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Using Magnesium Oil
One of the biggest misconceptions is that a lot of people have magnesium deficiency without knowing it. In the long-term, this can be a big problem as the person grows older. While taking magnesium supplements to seem like the answer to this, it has side effects like causing diarrhea. But when applied to the skin, magnesium gets absorbed faster and more effectively. Using Magnesium Oil can help in:
- Reduce muscle and body aches – Magnesium is used to regulate the NDMA which is responsible for pain in the muscles and joints.
- Improve bone health – When you have magnesium, calcium absorption is more efficient. Calcium is very crucial in bone strength and health.
- Cells repair – It is no surprise that magnesium is used in sports science to build and repair muscles and any inflammation within.
- Improve sleep – Since magnesium is an important muscle relaxant, it can improve your body’s rest and sleep patterns. Using magnesium oil will definitely make you sleep easier (and deeper).
- Skin health – Magnesium oil is not a type of oil but it works wonders to absorb unwanted oil on the skin and then removing them. It is a good option for use against acne and pimples.
- Treat diabetic patients – Magnesium helps to build insulin resistance which is an important way to treat patients with diabetes mellitus.
How to use Magnesium Oil
Using Magnesium Oil is very simple and straightforward. First, locate a spot and then spray evenly. There will be some form of sensation if this is the first time you are applying it. Once it comes in contact with the skin, it will dissipate quite quickly. If you are using it for pain relief, you need to massage it a little.
Make your own Magnesium Oil
If you prefer, you can actually make your own magnesium oil. All you need is:
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1 cup magnesium chloride flakes
Boil the water and then pour it into a non-reactive bowl. Then, add the flakes it and stir until they are evenly dissolved. Cover it and let it cool. After that, you can transfer it to a spray bottle. Use and apply accordingly.