The use of traditional herbs has been quite popular over the past decades mainly because they have been tried and tested for generations. Some herbs can cure medical conditions for good while some help to relief certain pains. In fact, scientific research today has found that herbs like Tongkat Ali did actually provide the type of health benefits as known.
Best traditional aphrodisiac
Tongkat Ali goes with the scientific name of Eurycoma longifolia. It has often been known to be a natural remedy for sexual health. Because of this, it has already been produced and sold in convenience stores blended with coffee and ginseng while you can find them in most stores selling traditional herbs.
Benefits of Tongkat Ali
The most obvious benefit of Tongkat Ali is that it has aphrodisiac elements. Herbs like cordyceps fall into a similar category. As such, it is extremely popular among men. Studies have shown and proven that Tongkat Ali could:
- support muscle growth and strength
- stimulate and enhance libido
- promote quality and amount of semen
- increase blood circulation
This was further proven in the Malaysian context with a group of men. At the start, only 35% of them had normal levels in testosterone. After taking Tongkat Ali for a month, the group increased by more than 90%. This simly means that Tongkat Ali can help in increasing men’s fertility. If taken properly as a supplement, it could help with family planning and increase the chances of pregnancy.
Tongkat Ali for Women
Although Tongkat Ali has been known to help men, it can be used by women as well. Recent researches has shown that it could help women in the following ways:
- Weight control – Tongkat Ali helps to reduce weight gain because it could assist in stabilizing hormones in the body.
- Energy – Tongkat Ali is able to balance hormones. When this happens. It will naturally aid the body in increasing energy. This is why some energy drinks today contains Tongkat Ali
- Libido – As how it helps men, Tongkat Ali helps women in increasing testosterone as well. It is believed that women taking Tongkat Ali could experience increase in sensitivity in the erogenous areas
Kacip Fatimah – the female version of Tongkat Ali
While Tongkat Ali is a famous Malaysian herb for men, Kacip Fatimah is one which is made for women. It is a traditional herb used for many generations. Among the known usage of Kacip Fatimah include:
- Help in childbirth
- induce and ease delivery of baby
- post-partum treatment
- contract birth channel
- help regain strength after pregnancy
- regulate menstrual cycle
Misai Kuching – Joint Remedy
Another popular Malaysian herb is known as the Misai Kucing. It means ‘cat whiskers’ which is what it looks like. Misai Kucing goes with the scientific name of Orthosiphon Grandiflorus Boldingh where it has been used for generations for all types of health benefits. Typically, Misai Kucing helps to treat joints and stiffness in the body. Besides that, it helps in the following ways:
- Treat muscle-related problems like gout, rheumatism and arthritis
- helps to purify the blood
- Treatment of kidney stones
- Treatment for hypertension
- Discharges excessive metabolic waste out of the system
Dukung Anak for digestion
Dukung Anak is the malay phrase which means ‘carrying a child’. It goes with the scientific name of Phyllanthus niruri Linn. Other known names of this herb is keman jolok and amin buah and can be easily grown in open land or in a controlled environment.
The natural look of Dukung Anak is quite amazing as it looks very much like beads growing on a plant. From there, you can see some smaller seeds which looked like baby-beads which explains where it got its name. Among the benefits of Dukung Anak are:
- Treatment of digestive problems like diarrhoea
- Helps to lower hypertension
- Aids in purifying of the blood in the system
- enhances the healing process like wounds and cuts
- Used in treating jaundice for children
Bayam Duri – Nutritious herb
Among the many types of Malaysian herbs, the Bayam Duri is known for its nutritional values. It can grow naturally by itself without much hardwork. From the looks of it, the Bayam Duri looks a bit rough but when you take its root, it helps to treat problems like eczema, haemorrhoids and bloody gums, among others.
Temu Lawak for better digestion
This is a very popular traditional herb which is used for many generations in Malaysia. besides that, it is quite popular in Indonesia and some parts of Thailand as well. Temu Lawak goes with the scientific name of Curcuma xanthorrhiza. It can be taken by both male and female and helps to aid in the following ways:
- Menstrual pains
- Menstrual odour
- among others