Not all natural food are created equal. When you take food that are from plants and vegetation, you are potentially taken pesticide-laden foods. That of course, we presume you already know. But what makes the list of the those with pesticide, read on to follow.
Top pesticide-laden foods
When it comes to cleaning up the production of food in our system, there is a long way to go. A list was recently released to inform the public about what needs to be cleaned up. In fact, the latest facts showed that about 70% of 48 non-organic samples were found to have pesticide. This means that you could be taking more pesticide than you thought.
What about the list?
Before knowing what is in the list and what is not, take note of certain facts.
- Spinach contains a lot of vitamins but non-organic ones were found to have neurotoxic insecticide which has been banned in the US and many other countries.
- at least 1 type of pesticide was found in almost all the samples of known ‘healthy’ foods like apples, cherries, peaches and strawberries
- Strawberries also were found to have about 20 types of pesticides
- Go for avocados and sweet corn which has among the lowest residue
- Papayas, onions, cabbages, asparagus and pineapples have almost no pesticide. Here we are referring to organic ones.
So below is the list by order of pesticide levels:
- Sweet Bell
What about the clean foods?
Of course, there is always two sides of the coin. There is no point telling you about the bad ones without informing you about the good agents. There are foods that are in the list of clean ones which has the least chance of being contaminated. Below is the list of foods you should take more of (go for organic ones of course!).
- Sweet corn
- Frozen Sweet Peas
Take note that this list was not released to stop you from taking fruits and vegetables but to ensure that you know what are the effects of farming in today’s environment. There has been a lot of talk about using pesticides and GMO foods. So, the rule of thumb really is to go organic where you can. If you haven’t already know, pesticides do contain agents that could be extremely harmful to health. This could be in the likes of:
- certain types of cancers
- and it could be more serious than you can ever imagine.
So, take caution when taking foods that are supplied from chemical farming. They might sound good but they might naturally be harmful.